In my last post, I mentioned the Red Art Project 2008 and showed pictures of what I am working on ... here's a quick peek at where I was:
Click HERE for a complete recap of the three steps pictured above.
I decided that I did want to go ahead with some bronze, copper and white added to the red sponging, so I spent HOURS cutting out & sticking on the umbrella's from masking tape and painters tap - somehow I convinced myself this would end up being a time saver ... and honeslty, I think it was.
Here's a picture of all the umbrella's taped up:
and here it is with bronze, copper, white and more red sponged on:
and all the tape removed:
... and now I am seriously depressed.
I am no longer happy with it & can't quite put my finger on my issues ... since that last photo, I did sew (with white embroidery floss) around the edge of one umbrella and across the handle of another umbrella - I like the effects, but neither pops nearly as much as I had hoped. I haven't completely given up on the piece, so I guess it's back to the drawing board ...
On the lighter side of life ... I was recently tagged by both Lay Hoon from Me Scrap and Kate from Shibori Girl - they aren't the exact same thing, but close enough ... I copied the rules listed on Kate's page:
1) Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 more people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs
7 things about me:
1) I'm left handed,
2) an ordained minister (of the Universal Life Church, dontcha know), a notary public, a licensed real estate agent (inactive status) & a receptionist at a small salon
3) that collect rocks.
4) My favorite sandwich is a Monte Christo.
5) I still consider myself an Army brat
6) and hope to someday live in a treehouse (with a large, well stocked, natural light having studio in the "yard").
7) I wish on shooting stars
Robin @ Art Propelled
Terisa a.k.a. Sabii Wabii @ Running With Scissors
Marilyn @ As Seen Through My Eyes
MJ @ MJ's Sputterings
Debbie @ Etc., Etc., Etc.
Kandes Lee @ Subconcious Peek-a-boo