Friday, April 19, 2013

If I Like it, Expect About 1000 (Give or Take 950)

It's true.  I find that when I learn a "new trick" I want to make a bunch of that same thing ... especially when it comes together without struggle (or investing 100 hours to accomplish it).  

Case in point - Ear Cuffs of the wrap around variety.  

I have a friend that doesn't have pierced ears ... but she love, love, loves bobbles in all their varieties.  Unfortunately, earrings of the non-pierced variety tend to pinch or aren't quite the style she'd want to wear ... tada, this girl has a mission!  (I understand if this makes you a little afraid - you're pretty smart, after all.)

Initially, I started with the kind that slide over and wrap around the helix, antihelical fold and antihelix resting just above the antitragus ... yes, I DID have to search for "parts of an ear" to find the correct terminology ("that flappy part above the earlobe" sounded a little too flaky even for me) ... 


I was able to get the shape of a simple cuff fairly easily ... the hard part was turning the simple into something more sparkly with a dangle or two.  Let the frustration begin!  I haven't completely given up on the idea, but I needed an alternative & I totally found one ... and ear cuff that actually hooks onto the ear and wraps around the back of it ... ok, I know, I'm getting wordy here ... check out the results:

Silver Craft Wire, Chain, Swarovski Crystals & 
Glass Seed Beads

Silver Craft Wire, Chain, Amethyst Chips, Blue 
Glass Nail Heads & Glass Seed Beads

Silver Craft Wire, Chain, Swarovski Crystals,
Pearls & Glass Seed Beads

Silver Craft Wire, Chain, one Swarovski Crystal, 
Garnets, Pearls & Glass Seed Beads

Silver Craft Wire, Chain, Swarovski Crystals, Pearls, 
a Single Swarovski Butterfly & Glass Seed Beads

 On that note, please excuse me while I go make a few more (dozen) ... lol



Cioa' Bella's!

04/22/13 update ... here's how it looks on:




9 comments:

ACreativeDreamer said...

Ohhhhhh...I like that very much!

jinxxxygirl said...

Very interesting....I would love to see a pic of someone wearing it though....Hugs! deb

3rdEyeMuse said...

thank you, ladies ... my daughter is off camping with her dad ... they'll be home tomorrow, so I'll see if I can get a shot of her wearing one. :)

Unknown said...

Your mamacita would love to model one for the "older" folks.

3rdEyeMuse said...

you betcha, mamacita :)

dkuroiwa said...

oh my gosh!! these are the most interesting things i have seen in a long time!!
very, very cool....i've got pierced ears, but...yeah! love them!!!
(my mom wears and ear cuff and i bet she'd like one of these.....we need to talk!!!)
(^-^)

3rdEyeMuse said...

thanks, Debbie!

Coach Z said...

Do you remember me? I am so glad you are still here. I love your photographs and earrings.

I have a giveaway on my blog... www.theplayoflightandshadow.com.

I hope we get to see more of each other!

Blessings!

Mario

Michelle said...

Love these! Such a great alternative that could be worn casual or dressed up.