Update 07/19: After I added the jump ring, I wanted to try one more thing ... I added two coats of my diamond top coat polish and voila ... Fini! This is a shot of the completed charm (charm is smaller than pictured - it's 1" -including the jump ring - X 5/4"):
The paper crane charms have me in a little bit of a snit ... I'm thrilled to report that the setting agent actually does work ... the only issue I am having is that I do lose just a touch of the crispness ... my anal retentive self might not be able to get past this - uber spouse thinks I need to ... there's a little bit more time, so I just might try another batch ... fingers (and toes) crossed, please.