Thursday, April 17, 2008

Art Doll - In Progress ... Ever so slowly

4/28 - it's been a few days, so here's the latest:



4/23 - slowly but surely more and more beads are finding their way onto the little critter:



4/21 - I kept hoping that at some point this little creature will lose its goofyness and will suddenly feel like a piece of art. I give up ... maybe she's supposed to be a bit goofy and I should just let her be whatever she ends up being (hmm ... sounds like a good lesson in regards to the human critter known as Sadie). I need to get back to work on the Black/White Charm, but in the meantime, here's the latest:



4/19 update:



added 4/18 - I have been working more on the small doll, so not a lot of progress:




Just in case anyone has been curious as to the size of this lil critter, I've set it next to my ruler (if you ask really nicely, I might even take a snap of just the ruler ... hmmm ... think Mercedez next to a Yugo - both functional and serve their purpose, but you have to admit the Mercedez is off the charts in design and form ...). I don't think I realized just how much time was going to go into this little project. Today (at work) I cut oout two smaller forms - one for me and one for Sadie. I might put this one to the side and work on the tiny one (all of 2 inches), but I'm not sure. OK, I feel myself rambling ... instead, here's my progress photo:



Hope all is well with you and yours.

Much love, ~M~

5 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

What a cutie! So glad you visited.

Nancy

MARLOU B. said...

Very nice and funny!

Clevelandgirlie said...

So cute. I'm working on my first little doll too - it's fun - but a bit awkward for my fingers.

Donna said...

This is fabulous!!!

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your urls with Shortest and earn cash from every visitor to your shortened links.