Thursday, April 17, 2008

Art Doll - In Progress ... Ever so slowly

4/28 - it's been a few days, so here's the latest:



4/23 - slowly but surely more and more beads are finding their way onto the little critter:



4/21 - I kept hoping that at some point this little creature will lose its goofyness and will suddenly feel like a piece of art. I give up ... maybe she's supposed to be a bit goofy and I should just let her be whatever she ends up being (hmm ... sounds like a good lesson in regards to the human critter known as Sadie). I need to get back to work on the Black/White Charm, but in the meantime, here's the latest:



4/19 update:



added 4/18 - I have been working more on the small doll, so not a lot of progress:




Just in case anyone has been curious as to the size of this lil critter, I've set it next to my ruler (if you ask really nicely, I might even take a snap of just the ruler ... hmmm ... think Mercedez next to a Yugo - both functional and serve their purpose, but you have to admit the Mercedez is off the charts in design and form ...). I don't think I realized just how much time was going to go into this little project. Today (at work) I cut oout two smaller forms - one for me and one for Sadie. I might put this one to the side and work on the tiny one (all of 2 inches), but I'm not sure. OK, I feel myself rambling ... instead, here's my progress photo:



Hope all is well with you and yours.

Much love, ~M~

4 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

What a cutie! So glad you visited.

Nancy

MARLOU B. said...

Very nice and funny!

Cathie said...

So cute. I'm working on my first little doll too - it's fun - but a bit awkward for my fingers.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!!!