Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Charm Entries

4/24 - Woohooo! Looks like the elephant charm won out. Time to get-a-making. :)

I just emailed Amber Dawn with my two attempts for her Black and White Charm Swap - the entries are juried, so there's a definite possibility that my attempts will not be accepted. I am so totally OK with that and no matter the outcome, I am really happy that I worked on these. The first is a beaded doll. The head is a black Swarovski crystal and the rest are glass beads:

This second option took two of the ideas I originally had and morphed it into this:


As you can see, it's a reversable charm. This (being the first attempt) isn't as refined as future versions will be - I plan on much smoother coats of paint, a little finer sanding of the wooden pieces and a little more border of the silver painted edge. If you click on the pictures to see a larger view, don't be surprised by the grainy looking elephant - the photo's are much larger than actual size as this charm measures 3/4 inch x 3/4 inch. I will keep everyone posted on if either of my submissions are accepted. Wish me luck!

For the latest Art Doll update, check out the newest photo's here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are apsolutely 'charming'..tee,hee! Great job!

Sand:)

e.beck.artist said...

somehow i have gotten days and weeks behind on my favorite blogs .... but i just caught up on yours and read post and post and post and post .... i chose to comment on this one cause i love that elephant charm .... but do like the little bead guy as well!
happy day to you ..... e

Danielle said...

Yay for the elephant charm but I do like the beaded ones myself : )

Cathie said...

These are precious. What a wonderful contract they are. Very clever to put them on wood.

Anonymous said...

I love your charms! Congrats on getting picked! =)