Monday, April 14, 2008

Tomatoes and Buds - More Macro Shots

I think that I mentioned that it's the green-thumb-spouse that gets the credit for the beauty and the bounty in out yard. The other day when I was out taking yard snap, the tomato plant was a super easy target. The next three shots bear green tomatoes - ready for frying? I have to admit that I have never had a fried green tomato, but I do hear they are pretty tasty. The last tomatoes that came from this plany were super yummy, and these already look prettier than the last bunch, so I imagine we are in for some good salads and salsa (did I mention that wonder-chef-spouse makes the worlds greatest salsa? no? ... my bad - if you're ever in the neighborhood, let me know and I'll be sure to have him make a fresh batch).

I really like the above shot - there's something about the light on the tomato and the blue sky peaking through that makes me smile.


The wire is part of the support that's around the plant ... kind of looks like the tomato is coming out of it, don't you think. weird.


The one above may not have the best lighting, but I seriously think I need to photoshop a pair of eyes in there and call it the tomato queen. :)

The next few shots are of the blooms. Just by tilting the camera from the inside of the plant, I was able to capture better shots of the blooms with the bright blue sky in the background ...








I hope you enjoyed seeing the photo's as much as I enjoyed taking them.

7 comments:

Janet said...

I love the second to the last one, and I can't believe you have tomatoes already! We barely have the snow off the ground LOL!

pchickki said...

Fresh tomatoes? I am jealous!
Fresh tomatoes with any sort of taste are impossible to find in a super market!

Hey can you make me a BLT?

Great shots of this tomatoe!
Patti

3rdEyeMuse said...

sure! come on over. :)

Unknown said...

Where do you live that you already have tomatoes girl!?!?! Lovely pix!

Lea said...

How did your hubby get those tomatoes to be that big by April!!!! My plants are at photo number 1!!!!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

location, location, location ... I'm in SW FL, so we can usually grow them nearly year round.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - you have fresh tomatoes!! We have not even begun planting yet (but we will very, very soon!)

A friend made fried green tomatoes for me one year when we were picking the last of the tomatoes before the frost - oh, were they GOOD! If you decide to make some, can I come for dinner? =)