Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Art Doll - In Progress

I love it when people share a work in progress or provide a tutorial on how they've accomplished things ... since this is a first, I don't feel a tutorial would be appropriate, but I can share an occasional progress report ...

I did say it was likely she'd be beaded from head to toe ... right now I am a little afraid of her (not "EEEK run!" kind of afraid ... more of the "ut-oh, I really am clueless" variety). Hopefully as I add more beads she'll look less like Casper's dopey sister and more artsy ... guess we'll have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I know just how you feel! I did my first ever beaded art doll last year (photos are on my flickr) and it was a complete learning experience. I just jumped in with both feet and then realized I didn't have a clue what to do!! A beading friend told me to just let the beads tell me where they wanted to be....and that's what I did. It turned out very nice and I gave it to my daughter for Christmas.

http://loveconquersall.typepad.com/my_weblog/ said...

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave me a comment on my ONE YEAR BLOGGIVERSARY. Today is it!! I have a "GIVEAWAY" just for you. I hope you will come back and see what YOU WON!! Please let me know, that you stopped OK. (leave me a comment)

Hugs,
Nene

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this!! I really do! She is perfect just like this - beads will add to her and dress her up - but I absolutely LOVE her! =)

As far as "being afraid"...I know what you mean - but just jump in and PLAY. Have fun with it and don't think too much.

I can't wait to see her as she progresses!

Cindy said...

LOL. I hear ya...I often get those "ut-oh" moments when working on something. She's looking good though. : )

c